Everyone in my family loves Pasta Bruschetta, but it is my son Immanuel’s favorite! It is very inexpensive (about $1.35 per serving), and easy to make. If you use Cheese Tortellini it is about $2.00 per serving. I usually make it with Cheese Tortellini but when the budget is tight we go for Penne or Farfalle. The cool thing is that you can alter the amounts of each of the ingredients to suit your taste.
Ingredients for 6:
- Two 20 oz. pkg of Buitoni Tortellini
- 2-3 cups of diced roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of basil chiffonade
- 1/4 cup chopped olives (I prefer Kalamata)
- 2 tbsp. fresh minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- While you are heating the pasta water to a boil, add the tomatoes, basil, olives, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper to a large bowl and mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Cook the tortellini according to the instructions on the package and drain.
- Toss with the rest of the ingredients. You can serve it hot or let it chill in the fridge.
- Don’t forget to top it off with your favorite grated Italian hard cheese.
I really hope that you try this recipe. It is so easy and inexpensive to make. As always, I want to hear your feedback. It totally makes my day when someone tells me that they tried and loved one of my recipes.
Pasta Bruschetta is excellent served with wilted Spinach. I will include the recipe for it in my next newsletter, coming out Friday, December 14, 2018. If you are not yet receiving my newsletter you can sign up for it below, but do it before December 14th or you will miss out!
In that newsletter, will also include a recipe and short cooking video for Egg Fried Rice. So, you will definitely want to sign up for my newsletter. I promise you I will not spam you or sell your information.