Man, it sure is cold out there. I had intended to do a Chinese noodle recipe, but it is so cold I thought you might like a heartier, stewier meal to try. This one is so easy and inexpensive I had to share it with you.
Ingredients for lots and lots:
- 2 pounds dried pinto beans
- 6 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 pound chopped green chilies
- 2 cans mild Rotel
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano powder
- salt to taste
- additional water if needed
- Soak the beans over night. Rinse.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large stock pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook until the beans are soft (about 4 hrs) This is a crock pot or insta- pot friendly meal.
- Serve with what ever you like. We usually make bean and rice tacos.
There you have it, a simple, cheap, healthy and yummy dinner for a cold night. If you give this one a try let me know how you liked it.
Next week is Thanksgiving. If you are like most people, you will need some inspiration for inexpensive, easy, and relatively healthy recipes for all those leftovers. I would like to send you the links to five recipes that I think are fantastic. If you would like to receive them, just sign up for my Friday email, just scroll to the bottom and sign up. It’s quick and easy and I promise you, no spam.
I hope that you have a happy Thanksgiving.